"ere, come and 'ave a look at my washing - it's gleamin"
It's not very often that I get the chance to celebrate being Welsh - in general we're shit at most things that don't involve sheep. However, it would appear that our rugby team did not read the conditions attached to being Welsh and so, taking no bloody notice at all, decided to win a trophy. And, if all goes well, at the weekend they should win the Championship - assuming they don't fall over various frogs legs littered around the Milennium Stadium.
Who said rugby was shit?! Erm, actually, that will have been me then - on account of being built to be the perfect size for a corner flag and still being forced to play rugby at school - twice....
There are some good things that came from Wales - The Stereophonics for example, who played here in Bruxelles last Monday. Unfortunately, there are rather more shite things to emerge from the land of my birth.
Thus I have compiled a list of famous people from Wales, in two categories - 'Gleamin' = good, 'Goppin' = shit.
- Ryan Giggs - still the best FA cup goal ever
- Stereophonics - top gig fellas
- Manic Street Preachers - suicide is painless, and proofless
- Joe Calzaghe - yeah, doesn't sound very Welsh but he'll still kick your ass
- Anthony Hopkins - having a friend for dinner with a nice Chianti
- Tom Jones - and his pile of wet knickers
- Charlotte Church - voice of an angel but a mouth full of....
- Aled Jones and his frigging snowman
- Michael Owen - no wonder you're ill all the time choosing to play for England
- Catherine Zeta Jones - talentless harlot but nice...... er, .. bank balance
Feel free to suggest additions to the list in either category - best one wins a sheep....