So here, courtesy of Goth World, are a few tips to bear in mind:-
- Try and be prepared - it's important that you can quantify your career to date especially when you get asked about particular dates in your career history.
- Always look the interviewer straight in the eye - it is important to give off a sense of trustworthiness.
- Do not be drawn into embellishing on your achievements to date - it is very easy to get caught out on any inaccuracies.
- Research is paramount - you really must know the background of the job you are being interviewed for.
- Bear in mind that if you are being interviewed, they already want you for the job - it is just whether you say the things they want to hear.
- Ensure your referees are going to say favourable things about you (it's pointless using a referee who countermands what you have declared).
- Keep it simple - the more complex your explanations, the more likely it is you will get caught out at a later date.
So there you have it, a simple Gothic guide to interview technique.
Oh, I almost forgot, it's usually very wise to ensure that you have a solicitor/attorney present.
That way the bastards can't twist what you said !!