miércoles, septiembre 26, 2007

I'm Still Alive

Thanks to PJ for that line, and yes the song has helped me (assuming you even know what I'm talking about with Eddie & company).

The point is whatever shit you throw in my direction, I will get over it.

Yes, I had a perfect childhood - I never got beaten up, really - well, I never had to go to hospital, apart from the few occasions - like the time my skull was fractured.

My parents were always there for me, in an invisible way and my 'friends' were always there for me, except when they were busy doing something more important.

It was very interesting to move house every 2 years and assume that all people lived out of cardboard boxes as we did.

I really enjoyed falling in love for it to be snatched away in an instant.

Think I'm fucked up?

I would never say that - as I was priveleged enough to sing with the Soweto Choir at the Llangollen International Eisteddfod many years ago, and I feel blessed.

Having heard their stories afterwards, my dramas mean nothing in the overall scheme of things. I can't even contemplate being in their situation.

(and this is the one and only time you will see this)

GOD bless you and that is only to those that believe ....

14 comentarios:

kimmyk dijo...

*faints*

yorlor dijo...

*smiles with her eyes at goth*

Anónimo dijo...

Yeah, it does put things into perspective. Like Ladysmith and the Bhundu Boys, good things can come from bad if you just stick up your middle finger and say "Fuck you, I won't do what you tell me". I quote, of course, but then I'm lucky enough to have all I need.

Daphne Wayne-Bough dijo...

Thought for the Day. A wise man (a yank ex heroin addict as it happens) once said to me: "God can be whatever you want it to be. If your God is television, you can say you believe in God." And you know, in a very real sense .... (fade out to theme from Match of the Day)

Me dijo...

Hello, my friend.

Here's wishing you a really good day today.

And good days tomorrow, too.

And the next day.

:)

Pat dijo...

I can only echo Hill.

Unknown dijo...

I cant believe you said that!!!!!

Wash your mouth out with JD!

SpanishGoth dijo...

*administers kiss of Goth*

Yorlor -> yes, you're next in line

Tom -> quoting RATM - I'm impressed

Daphne -> so the addict dreamt about Garl Lineker?

Hill -> tx my love, I did get your mail but have been busy feeling self-pity

Pat -> tx also my love

JG -> Now that's fucking mouthwash ;-)

ysfb dijo...

Being Catholic, I can say I never sung in a chuch choir. The holy water would burn my skin.

yorlor dijo...

*brushes teeth and changes shirt*

Ariel dijo...

Blessings? Er, well, thanks. You OK?

SpanishGoth dijo...

YSB -> You heathen ;-)

Yorlor -> changes shirt? no need, nakedness is allowed in Goth World

Ariel -> I'm fine thankyou - just go a little normal at times...

Honey dijo...

beautiful choir, thanks for the link. for the rest of your post, so sorry such awful things appened to you, blessings of your own sort right back at you sir.

yorlor dijo...

chnages, as in puts another one on, you cad. last i checked, goths' preferred that the titties be prominently displayed.

and. i want to look good in the photo.