sábado, septiembre 15, 2007

Thankyou Mr Izzard

So, I attended my first dinner party for a while. I had been warned about what NOT to say, or mention etc. It's tricky as I like to throw a conversation with a weird statement that has no bearing on the current topic at all, but, love rested on my behaviour (and she was sitting next to me).

Thus, I was good, and well behaved, and didn't do anything untoward at all, really. I ate food in the proper fashion, listened to jazz and said appropriate statements like 'groovy' and was generally extremely well behaved.

Mariposa was pleased as it was like I was fitting into society, in a general, 'fitting-in' kind of way. I entered into the whole spirit of things and I offered tips on cooking, did not swear in any language, and simplistically, was a very good Goth.

Everything was going swimmingly well as we sat around the table, as if we were in a Jane Austen novel, eating the gorgeous food that had been prepared, drinking the lovingly chosen wine and talking seriously about the state of affairs in Africa.

Until...

I got asked a question about a particular food. "So, how would you like your .... ?"

"Covered in bees"

At which point, wine flew out of everyones nostrils and the whole occassion took on a different perspective.

It probably doesn't make an awful lot of sense unless you have seen Eddie Izzard talking about bees, but if you haven't, go Here and then you might get it.

Oh well, scheiss passiert !!

19 comentarios:

Daphne Wayne-Bough dijo...

Hahahahahahahaha!!!!!! I love it when people misbehave at dinner parties. You will be on the guest list for my first dinner if I ever get a table and chairs, and you are ordered to misbehave. Well done Goth. (I'll invite Eddie as well).

zoe dijo...

very funny. "i like my women like i like my coffee - in a plastic cup."

eddie is pure genius.

Cream dijo...

Love Eddie Izzard, ever since he came out with Le Singe dans l'Arbre one quiet Christmas Eve many moons ago.
Dinner parties? I get drunk before the starters!

Princess of the Universe dijo...

I like Jane Austen.

Unknown dijo...

SNORT!!

MKWM dijo...

Thanks for intoducing him to me, Goth Master, I had a good laugh watching several videos.
So, what was that "particular food" you didn't want at all?

SpanishGoth dijo...

Daphne -> I'm honoured but you understand the principle of reverse-psychology?

Zoe -> Yikes - lesbian tea break

Cream -> Izzard is god, in high heels and stuff

Princess -> I like Jane Austen because she's dead - but that might be predjudice

JG -> bless you

Minky -> laughing is good - it's what I aim for with my diatribes anyway

Anónimo dijo...

Never put a sock in a toaster.

All in all you am " sortable ",
and it without "la mettre en veilleuse "!!

Low hat, mister Goth

The Aunt dijo...

Everyone, and I mean everyone, had a great time and liked everyone else.

The chicken had a miserable time.

SpanishGoth dijo...

Dip-Dop -> I'd worry more about putting a fork in a toaster

Aunty -> It was indeed enjoyable and life as a chicken is always dangerous - you could get stuffed or anything

Daphne Wayne-Bough dijo...

No. Please explain.

Mr Farty dijo...

Eddie Izzard: A lesbian trapped in a man's body. How poetic.

Sewmouse dijo...

I went and watched the video.
I ROFL'd
then I watched most of the other videos of his on the Utube thingy.

Funny
As
Hell

Thanks, Goth!

Pat dijo...

Excellent! Were you forgiven?

Pat dijo...

Excellent! Were you forgiven?

Pat dijo...

Excellent! Were you forgiven?

Pat dijo...

What the f... My mouse has a stammer.

yorlor dijo...

heheh, pi has a stammer. i think i giggled harder at her use of "f..."
hehehe.

yes, lesbians in a cage is not a good idea. you saw what happened to sig-freed and roy.

SpanishGoth dijo...

Sewmouse -> Glad you enjoyed it. They had a special offer on Amazon for all the Izzard dvd's (yey, got it)

Pat -> blaming your mouse indeed...

Yorlor -> amything to do with Siggy Freud is fucked up