sábado, julio 14, 2007

Be Cool - Like Mariposa

Following on from yesterdays post about idiotic women, someone asked to see the list of women I admire. This is quite easy to do today, as it is number 1's burthday today.

Yes, Mariposa has finally turned 21 (again) and so, as she sits on the sofa getting her breath back (you may recall the birthday present was/is a new bike) which she has been playing with and consequently, worn herself out. A list of women I admire - starting with Cuteness Personified - the birthday girl.

Happy Birthday my love XXX

Other women I admire and why:-

Rosa Parks - almost single handedly ending oppression of the blacks in America by refusing to give up her seat in the 'white'section. She said something far smarter than "Fuck off, I got here first", unfortunately but, RESPECT.

Mother Theresa - for a shrivelled old prune, and a nun to boot, she did more for sick children than anyone I know of, and without using the media like a certain dead princess.

Cleopatra - fucked the Roman Empire using only her ass, ooops, sorry, asps. Of course the fact that she was beautiful and really good in bed probably helped too.

Boudica - Queen of the Celts and another one who kicked the Romans arse. Not that I have anything against Italians and their puffy straight roads but if we'd have listened to them, we never would have had the RAC Rally.

Halle Berry - not because of the obvious that she is entirely fucking gorgeous with a stunning body, but because she was the first female African American to win an oscar for best actress - oh alright, and she's got gorgeous tits.

Marie Curie - for being dead clever out of us. 2 Nobel prizes in different fields, her own foundation, been on bank notes, stamps and has elements named after her. She wasn't very pretty, but with a brain like that you don't need to be.

*Update* Added to the list (again, read the comments for details) are: Emily Pankhurst, Hayley Mills(just for Cream), Peach, Bettie Page and Girl With a One Track Mind

I know I've missed a lot but I have to leave you all something to do, i.e. who did I leave off ??

16 comentarios:

Daphne Wayne-Bough dijo...

Boudicca was Queen of the Iceni, not the Celts. As a Welshman you should have known that. Emily Pankhurst gets my vote. Geddit?

Cream dijo...

Hayley Mills!
As a teenager I fell in love with her dubbed French accent in Pollyanna.
I saw her in a play at a local theatre six years ago. I could kick myself for not having gone to meet her backstage. Too shy!

Peach dijo...

ME cause I nominated you for Post Of The Week!

SpanishGoth dijo...

Daphne -> "was a queen of the Brythonic Celtic Iceni people" - and she did come to Wales

Emily though, fair enough - wouldn't get your vote without her

Cream -> Hayley Mills? Mmmm, maybe but I was trying to avoid lust, love and adoration type selections

Peach -> Yikes - you did what?

Princess of the Universe dijo...

Don't forget about Nellie McClung- my personal hero!

SpanishGoth dijo...

Princess -> that's only because she's from Winnipeg too

Princess of the Universe dijo...

That doesn't make her any less cool!

SpanishGoth dijo...

Didn't say you were less cool - said I wanted to have sex with you.. if I wasn't taken already :)

Princess of the Universe dijo...

The feeling's totally mutual Goth! xo

SpanishGoth dijo...

Gadzooks !!!!!!

jungle jane dijo...

I do not see Betty Page on this list. I will therefore not continue to read this list.

SpanishGoth dijo...

That's because no one suggested her until now.

She will be added (personal heroine?)

Nature Girl dijo...

Angelina Jolie. Most people either love her or hate her. I love her. She's not afraid to be who she is, she says and does whats on her mind without apology for it. If she's wrong, she says so, and who doesn't love a girl that can kick ass!
Stacie

SpanishGoth dijo...

I think she's cool but I wouldn't put her on a list on women I admire - now if it was a list of women I wanted to sleep with.... she's be right up there in the top 3

Nature Girl dijo...

Oh, I don't know how on earth this got left out, my apologies, but
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARIPOSA!!!
(and have I mentioned I think you have a beautiful name?)

SpanishGoth dijo...

No worries Stacie, duly passed on and appreciated